Going on vacation or holiday is thrilling, but you must be careful from the car hire pitfalls. Here is an essential guide compiled covering the details of hiring a vehicle and how to keep your costs down.
Generally, the long queues complaints are acceptable with car hire companies. The additional insurance for waving the damage to the car when you take it on rent, besides the fuel charges, child seats, additional drivers cost and so on makes the whole hiring process aggressive. Thus, as you are on holiday trip, ensure to know the details of hiring policies and stick to it. You can compare sites before leaving from your home and get the best buy.
Having done with the hiring of car renting, do take pictures and make a note of any damage, be it flat tire or a patch work done on the seat. Make a note of everything in detail and get it duly signed from them, so that you are saved from them making a dent to your wallet and card.
Again, parking space is in most title schemes at a premium, so additional parking charges are to be paid in each place. Besides, you have to start early or else most of the time is spent on looking for appropriate parking spaces and the charges are high.
Escaping parking fines is impossible and it is not cheap. The parking offences committed are mostly by members abroad and on receiving a letter, they disregard it. But, you cannot escape it, even if you try to run away, on your return visit, you will be trapped and have to pay the fine and also more.
Remember, parking fines are regarded as civil offence and one thing is certain that it is sure to cost you. Firstly, never delay as this time-lapse makes you pay more. Parking is an issue and nowadays finding a suitable parking place is difficult to impossible.
Few ideas about parking
- Adding more capacity such that it is done by adding more lanes or safety zones. They can also remove widening tunnels and bridge supports.
- Improvements on traffic management such as reduction on parking restrictions, introducing greater competition for road space or limited city increasing non-monetary and monetary parking costs.
- Park facilities allowing parking of vehicles to be done at a distance and also allowing continuation by ride sharing or public transport. Of course, now the park-and-ride car parks are at freeway entrances in suburban areas, metro stations and at the smaller cities edge.
- Method of calming traffic and making people aware of the concept of shared space is mandatory. Reducing the road capacity by diverting them to other modes of travel will ensure more parking space availability.
- Being strict by charging money for specific areas at particular times may restrict the congestion levels and the road users may also change their traveling times allowing free parking spaces.
Holiday trips, hiring vehicles on rent and finding the parking spaces are worth considering and having awareness regarding these ensures smooth transition.